Thursday, January 04, 2007

January 3


I woke up to a surprise this morning. Not that it was raining again, but that my family was seriously contemplating just leaving. They wanted to talk to me and my sister and see what we thought about packing up and driving back to grandmas today. We talked and looked at the weather, the forecast showed even more rain the next few days. So we decided..to just go home. I didn't really mind. I never had a chance to wear a bathing suit, shorts, or go in the ocean, but it was so rainy/cloudy I knew it couldn't happen. We did get one walk on the beach in yesterday, but other than that all we did is shop.

So I slowly got out of bed, thew some clothes on and then helped pack everything up. Threw all the clothes in the bag, packed up my computer and chargers. Then I helped Dad move everything into the car. By 9am we had everything packed and into the car, and we were out of there.

The drive back to Atlanta felt long. Probably because I didn't sleep for very much of it. I did watch Minority Report, one of my all time favorite films. If you haven't seen it - go now. Ultimate thriller by Spielberg with Tom Cruise. His vision of the future is so brilliant and precise. Plus it has one of the biggest buildups in a movie I've ever seen. The first time I saw it in the theatre, I got chills down my spine at that ending. Ah well though. See it for yourself.

Back at the grandparents house we all took showers then went out for pizza. My sister's 16th birthday is soon, so we were celebrating. We went to this pizza buffet place. It was good, but probably not that good for my grandparents health..haha. But everyone had fun. After pizza during the drive back, I road with my aunt and grandparents in their car. Im glad I did because we got pulled over and it was exciting. Probably not for my aunt who was driving - but she messed up, running a red light. In the end it turned out okay though, just a warning.

My parents were waiting in the driveway when we got back. They couldn't get in, we had the key, and they were probably thinking we got in an accident or stopped for something. My Mom looked relieved when we pulled up and I told her the story. For the rest of the night we just chilled and later we ate a cake my grandparents bought for Christin. After that desert everyone was stuffed and it was a long day of driving, so the adults decided it was time for bed. I watched a movie with my aunt, Collateral. After the movie it was still not very late, but I was exhausted. I said goodnight then made my bed on the couch and laid down.

No comments: