Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1


January 1, 2007...wow. Welcome to '07 everybody.

Today I purposely slept in until noon because my Dad said it was raining out, and what's there to do in "old Florida" when it's raining...nothing. Once my whole family finally got cleaned up sometime this afternoon I pushed them out the door to go do something. I feel bad just wasting the day, and I can't just sit in the condo and watch re-runs of the same TBS chick flicks. Those channels are dangerous for women on weekday afternoons, they play continues A+ girl movies...and they can't stop watching! That my friends is how days are wasted.

Once we all got to the car we just started driving. We ended up in Sarasota. It looked a lot more like the Florida we are used to. High rises and lots of shops. We found this mall and stopped. My sister was so glad to find some actual shops..haha. I was too, I'll admit it. We were there for a couple hours probably. I got another cool cardigan from Dillards. It's weird...everything there is on sale. And then somehow when they scan it for purchase, it's cheaper than you expect. Oh well!

After the shopping spree and a quick snack, we headed back to the condo. Everyone chilled for a while then we hopped in the van and drove to a restaurant we spotted on the drive back from Sarasota. I think it was called some with "Gator" in it. The food was definitely good. I had some type of fried grouper sandwich. It was massive! This sandwich was seriously bigger than my entire head. I could only eat half, the other half is in the fridge...maybe I'll have it tomorrow for lunch.

Tonight after dinner we just all chillaxed. I watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' with my sister. Is it bad to admit that I really liked it? Cause I did. Awesomely well done movie. Oh that reminds me, I need to check out the soundtrack to that...

No comments: